Well, April has been a full-on month in RIPITUP land. Just like the feeling you get when surveying your house the morning after a completely out of control party, let’s take stock of the over-ripe bananas and fully shelled peanuts we’ve been tossing around our little cage in the last thirty days. For a start, we’ve resurrected the fanzine as a fully interactive website, got a healthy circulation going on, learned to Tweet, and, if all that wasn’t enough, we’ve also written about some of the following fun things:
- Live hockey action and heroic beer consumption with The Hanson Brothers and Invasives at the Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
- An introduction to Leeds’ up and coming punk rockers, The Magnificent
- A cheap, desperate ploy for publicity by republishing an interview we did with Screeching Weasel back in 1988
- Announced the forthcoming touring related shenanigans of Florida’s Hot Water Music
- Dropped hints regarding the imminent arrival of a new Snuff LP
- Whipped up a storm of interest about the forthcoming long-awaited Deviated Instinct EP’s
- Reminisced fondly but slightly irritably about the Weasel Radio podcast present and past
This is of course just a sample of what we got up to in April. With the team now back to our original number with DeHud staggering back on board, we now look forward to filling your May 2012 with a Great Rude Sincerity of punk rock, half-baked recollections and pint-sized opinions from the boys next door.
Finally, thanks for reading. Keep checking back: we have already got some really great stuff in the pipeline for the coming month!